MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
JUSTICE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
September 22, 2022
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis – also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Justice Program Coordinator position within our Métis Justice Institute Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Justice Program Coordinator is responsible primarily for researching, designing, implementing, and monitoring justice programs and services within the Métis Justice Institute (MJI). The Justice Program Coordinator will work as a member of a support team to the Minister of Justice, MJI Director, Associate Director, and other program/project staff.
• Prepare program and funding proposals;
• Assist in negotiations for programs, services and contracts;
• Assist in the development of justice programs and services in each MMF Region;
• Monitor and evaluate policy and program initiatives;
• Research available programs and services in each MMF Region and develop internal written and verbal community briefs, reports, position papers and presentations on findings;
• Design networking strategies and tools for each MMF Region;
• Assist in the development of collaborative partnerships with stakeholders in each MMF Region as directed.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in the social sciences or equivalent experience and training related to justice and community program development;
• Three years’ experience in corrections or community justice;
• Experience in preparing funding proposals for social service projects and programs;
• Experience in program management and evaluation;
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
• Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
• Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
• Knowledge of Métis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Thursday, October 6, 2022.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
View original article here Source