CL4 Clerk 4
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Real Estate Services Branch, Asset Management
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 38987
Salary(s): CL4 $48,399.00 – $55,132.00 per year
Closing Date: April 30, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Real Estate Services Branch transacts land sales and acquisitions (including expropriations) and administers land leases and permits on behalf of the Province of Manitoba, ensuring that the government’s land dealings achieve value for money and are conducted in a professional, fair, open and transparent manner.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Must hold a valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence.
- Experience working in a real estate or legal environment. Significant experience in a unrelated office environment may be considered in combination with other relevant education and experience.
- Experience working with various plans and legal descriptions.
- Experience preparing, reviewing and interpreting legal documents pertaining to land transactions.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with policies, procedures, statues, regulations and Government Acts
- Experience working with electronic mapping tools and programs such as but not limited to ArcGIS or GoogleEarth.
- Working knowledge of the Property Registry and Manitoba Assessment.
The Land Administrator provides administrative and clerical support to all areas of the Real Estate Services Branch (RESB) as assigned. Handles, written, telephone and in-person enquiries and agreements relating to sales, leases and permits, assignments, collateral recordings, easements, license of occupation, wild rice licenses. Paralegal functions associated with the acquisition of real property and the disbursement of funds. Special project co-ordination, as required, on behalf of various government departments and clients of RESB.
Advertisement # 38987
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source