REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Administrator
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in housekeeping. Knowledge and experience related to the elderly. Knowledge and experience related to ordering, recording and utilization of cleaning and household supplies. Experience in supervising others in housekeeping. Proven ability to work effectively and in an organized and efficient manner. A valid Manitoba driver’s licence. A local police check is mandatory. A provincial or out of province police check and other types of background checks may be required. Must be bondable. Only those fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be considered.
QUALITIES: The ability to work in a team setting and provide leadership in all the housekeeping aspects of the project. Energy, enthusiasm and a sincere desire to provide the highest standard of cleanliness for residents. Individual initiative and flexibility. Ability to delegate tasks appropriately. Excellent interpersonal communication skills particularly with the elderly.
POSITION: This full-time position is responsible for the overall housekeeping duties for the project. It involves both direct housekeeping duties and supervising others in their housekeeping duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for all the housekeeping duties in the building.
• Order, maintain and keep organized records of housekeeping supplies and equipment.
• Ensure all areas of the building are clean, attractive and comfortable. (Excluding the commercial kitchen).
• Ensure all suites have regular garbage pick-up.
• Prepare Suite Cleaning Task List and ensure weekly housekeeping duties in suites are completed.
• Report to the Administrator unusual or difficult situations in respect to any housekeeping needs.
• Co-operate with other staff in the delivery of services to residents.
• Represent the organization both formally and informally in a professional manner.
• Carry out such other relevant tasks as may occur from time to time as directed by the Administrator.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
START DATE: This position is anticipated to begin in November 2021. Exact start date to be determined.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please mail your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations to the following address:
Portage la Prairie Assisted Living Corporation
Portage la Prairie, MB
You may also email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is October 12th 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
View original article here Source