Leaders in Training Program – Financial Stream
P2 Professional Officer 2
Manitoba Civil Service Commission
Policy, Programs and Learning Branch
Advertisement Number: 35553
Salary(s): P2 $52,351.00 – $63,094.00 per year
Closing Date: October 4, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
First consideration will be given to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities for one (1) of the four (4) positions being recruited to. All applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Leaders in Training Program (LTP) is a two-year paid internship that provides participants with a whole-of-government perspective through participating in a series of work placements in multiple areas of the organization while supporting government priorities such as transformation and innovation.
The Manitoba government is recruiting individuals who have their Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or are currently enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP), for the LTP – Financial Stream. We are looking for individuals with financial background and leadership potential who are analytical thinkers, innovators, savvy communicators and collaborators with public service drive, to be part of our progressive transformation. While in the program, interns will be partially reimbursed (50%) for the costs incurred to complete and obtain the CPA designation.
Take part in a unique opportunity to launch your career in the public service. Contribute to real innovation and positive change while preparing for financial positions at senior levels within the Manitoba government.
Click here more information on the Leaders in Training Program – Financial Stream.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) designation or active enrollment with CPA Manitoba’s Professional Education Program (PEP)
- Experience in financial planning and budgeting/forecasting
- Experience assessing compliance on financial and administrative matters, including internal controls
- Ability to analyze and interpret information and prepare analytical reports
- Experience working independently, with the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster collaboration and partnerships
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to write professional correspondence and reports
- Ability to present and clearly communicate financial information to individuals with non-financial backgrounds
- Experience and proficiency using Excel and an accounting system
- Ability to lead and manage a project or initiative
- Experience providing advice on operational planning and program budgeting, management systems development, reporting and/or operational control
- Experience conducting audits
- Knowledge of Manitoba government financial and administrative policies, processes and legislation
- Knowledge and application of the standards contained in the CPA Canada and PSAB handbooks
- Experience with financial statement preparation in accordance with GAAP
- Experience with data analytics including coordinating data extracts from various systems, analyzing, manipulating and formatting data into customer-centric reports
To apply for the program:
Please click here to access the Application Form that is required to qualify for consideration in this program. The selection board will rely only on information provided in the Application Form to select candidates invited for further assessment. The completed application form must be submitted using the contact information listed in the “Apply Now” section.
Successful candidates will be provided with an invaluable opportunity to participate in a series of work placements in multiples areas of the organization. The placements will provide exposure to exciting projects as well as financial processes such as strategic planning, budgeting, estimating, cash flow projection, reporting, reconciliation, and comptrollership.
Interns will receive an extensive orientation, classroom training, and exposure to a variety of business areas in government. Interns are also provided with networking opportunities and guidance on career development through mentoring and networking relationships with senior managers.
Advertisement # 35553
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
View original article here Source