Leaders in Training Program – Financial Stream
P2 Professional Officer 2
Four (4) positions
Manitoba Civil Service Commission
Policy, Programs and Learning Branch
Advertisement Number: 36976
Salary(s): P2 $52,351.00 – $63,094.00 per year
Closing Date: January 11, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
First consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities for one (1) of the four (4) positions being recruited to. All applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Leaders in Training Program (LTP) is a two-year paid internship that provides participants with a whole-of-government perspective through participating in a series of work placements in multiple areas of the organization while supporting government priorities such as transformation and innovation.
The Manitoba government is recruiting individuals who have their Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or are currently enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP), for the LTP – Financial Stream. We are looking for individuals with financial background and leadership potential who are analytical thinkers, innovators, savvy communicators and collaborators with public service drive, to be part of our progressive transformation. While in the program, interns will be partially reimbursed (50%) for the costs incurred to complete and obtain the CPA designation.
Beginning in spring 2021, take part in a unique opportunity to launch your career in the public service. Contribute to real innovation and positive change while preparing for financial positions at senior levels within the Manitoba government.
Click here more information on the Leaders in Training Program – Financial Stream.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an APPLICATION FORM. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA-Canada) designation in good standing or active enrollment with CPA Manitoba’s Professional Education Program (PEP)
- Experience in financial planning and budgeting/forecasting
- Experience assessing compliance on financial and administrative matters, including internal controls
- Ability to analyze and interpret information and prepare analytical reports
- Experience working independently, with the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster collaboration and partnerships
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to write professional correspondence and reports
- Ability to present and clearly communicate financial information to individuals with non-financial backgrounds
- Experience and proficiency using Excel
- Experience and proficiency using an accounting system
- Ability to lead and manage a project or initiative
- Experience providing advice on operational planning and program budgeting, management systems development, reporting and/or operational control
- Experience conducting audits
- Experience with financial statement preparation in accordance with GAAP
- Experience with data analytics including coordinating data extracts from various systems, analyzing, manipulating and formatting data into customer-centric reports
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in French
To Apply for the Program:
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION FORM that is required to qualify for consideration in this program. The selection board will rely only on information provided in the Application Form to select candidates invited for further assessment. Once you have completed the application form, save it to your computer and email or fax the form to the contact information listed below.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Successful candidates will be provided with an invaluable opportunity to participate in a series of work placements in multiples areas of the organization. The placements will provide exposure to exciting projects as well as financial processes such as strategic planning, budgeting, estimating, cash flow projection, reporting, reconciliation, and comptrollership.
Interns will receive an extensive orientation, classroom training, and exposure to a variety of business areas in government. Interns are also provided with networking opportunities and guidance on career development through mentoring and networking relationships with senior managers.
Advertisement # 36976
Human Resource Services
935-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source