Leaders in Training Program – General Stream (12 positions)
P2 Professional Officer 2
2-year internship (Tentative Start Date April 10, 2023)
Manitoba Public Service Commission
Policy, Programs and Learning Branch
Advertisement Number: 40043
Salary(s): P2 $55,869.00 – $67,350.00 per year
Closing Date: November 24, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
First consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities for four (4) of the twelve (12) positions for this internship opportunity. All applicants are encouraged to apply.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted or expired based on operational requirements.
The Leaders in Training Program (LTP) is a two-year paid internship designed to provide training and development for people interested in pursuing a leadership role in the public service. The Manitoba government is looking for analytical thinkers, innovators, savvy communicators and collaborators with public service drive, to be part of our progressive transformation.
Click here for more information on the Leaders in Training Program – General Stream.
Take part in a unique opportunity to launch your career in the public service and contribute to real innovation and positive change in Spring 2023.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an APPLICATION FORM. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Some internship placements may require satisfactory security checks
- Completion of post-secondary education at the university or community college level or a suitable combination of education and experience
- Experience leading and managing projects
- Experience in policy and/or program analysis, development and evaluation
- Experience conducting research, interpreting and synthesizing information
- Experience working independently, with the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Effective critical thinking and decision making skills using innovative approaches
- Effective interpersonal skills with experience establishing collaborative, client-focused relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to present and clearly communicate information to others.
- Effective written communication skills, including the ability to write professional correspondence and reports
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, or equivalent software
- Knowledge of current challenges facing the Manitoba government
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in French
To Apply for the Program:
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION FORM that is required to qualify for consideration in this program. The selection board will rely only on information provided in the Application Form to select candidates invited for further assessment. Once you have completed the application form, save it to your computer and email or fax the form to the contact information listed below.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Successful candidates will be provided with an invaluable opportunity to gain a whole-of-government perspective. Participation in a series of work placements in multiples areas of the organization will provide exposure to exciting projects, policy and program development, research and financial operations. Enriching work placements combined with training and networking opportunities at all levels, will prepare you for a successful career in the public service.
Advertisement # 40043
Human Resource Services
935-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
The easiest and quickest way to apply is to email email@example.com when applying via LinkedIn. Please don’t click on Easy Apply as this could result in disqualification from the screening process.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source