AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
Legal Aid Manitoba, Corporate & Strategic Services
The Pas MB
Advertisement Number: 37005
Salary(s): AY3 $41,136.00 – $47,018.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: January 22, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Legal Aid Manitoba provides legal help to people who are financially eligible. We strive to serve all clients with respect and dignity. Our service is fundamental to a fair and balanced justice system.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Experience providing secretarial/administrative support, including reception/switchboard duties, in a legal office environment
- Knowledge of family or criminal court proceedings
- Experience preparing legal documents with accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience maintaining physical and electronic files and database systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with the public and legal professionals
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience dealing with confidential information and using discretion in handling sensitive materials
- Proficiency with Open Office or Microsoft Office or equivalent software
- Successful completion of a recognized legal secretarial/administrative assistant training program, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience with legal research applications and conducting related legal research
This position provides legal administrative/ secretarial support to legal professionals within a mixed practice law office. Tasks include all correspondence and legal documents; responding to queries from clients and external agencies; scheduling appointment and meetings; and reception. The incumbent is also responsible for duties related to opening and closing client files which may include file review, issuance or required correspondence, updating client data and filing client records.
Advertisement # 37005
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Please note that additional administrative or clerical positions may be recruited to through the Common Recruitment Initiative: https://www.gov.mb.ca/govjobs/info/programs.html#CRI
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source