LN3 Librarian 3
Department of Sport, Culture and Heritage
Strategic Policy Branch, Sport and Culture Programs Division
Advertisement Number: 39678
Salary(s): LN3 $59,557.00 – $72,986.00 per year
Closing Date: September 12, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Government of Manitoba offers a comprehensive benefit package which include paid vacation, extended health, health spending, dental, drug, vision, long term disability, supportive employment program, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). The position of LIbrary Consultant can be located in either Winnipeg or Brandon.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to travel within the province with possible overnight stays
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registy Checks
- Must provide own vehicle if required and be able to travel within Manitoba
- Completion of a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in a leadership role within a library environment.
- Experience developing, planning and presenting training sessions
- Knowledge of public library governance
- Knowledge of social trends and issues affecting public libraries
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience with research, program and project evalutions
- Ability to verbally communicate in French
- Knowledge of library technology applications, protocols and systems
Reporting to the Director of Public Library Services, and engaging with the Executive Director of the Strategic Policy Branch, the Library Consultant is responsible for the development and maintenance of standards with respect to service establishment in collaboration with public libraries operating under the Public Libraries Act. The position promotes sector development, cohesion and partnerships by conducting complex research and performing a full-range of consulting activities to support planning efforts, program delivery and policy development; locally and province-wide. The position is expected to coordinate and administer central library services, support grant programs as well as to serve the internal needs of the department, division and branch in the preparation of briefing materials or reports and collaborating on assigned committee activities with colleagues across government.
Advertisement # 39678
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source