LY2 Library Technician
Department of Education
Bureau d’éducation française, K-12 Education
Advertisement Number: 36642
Salary(s): LY2 $47,150.00 – $53,921.00 per year
Closing Date: October 18, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Winnipeg and other locations across Manitoba and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
A detailed position description is available upon request
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Completion of a post-secondary training program in Library Technology or a combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with the cataloguing and circulation of resources.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook), equivalent software and Web based tools such as Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and develop strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong verbal communication skills in French.
- Strong verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong written communication skills in French.
- Strong written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of a document management system such as an Integrated Library System.
Under the direction of the Library Coordinator, the Library Technician is responsible for providing reference and information services to all library patrons in person, by phone or email. The incumbent helps clients use the online public access catalogue. The incumbent manages guided tours of the library, participates in activities to promote its services and assist at the circulation desk. The library technician participates in collections management specifically in ordering and processing periodicals
Advertisement # 36642
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source