Licensed Practical Nurse **SALARY AMENDED**
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse
Term/full-time; Term/part-time; Casual
Department of Families
Manitoba Developmental Centre, Community Service Delivery
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 36959
Salary(s): LPN $61,967.00 – $73,248.00 per year
Closing Date: April 28, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
This competition will be used to establish an eligibility list to fill current and future regular/full-time, regular/part-time and casual Licensed Practical Nurse positions at MDC, subject to staffing approval. This eligibility list will remain in effect for 12 months.
Graduates able to obtain licensure are encouraged to apply.
This opportunity will be open until filled.
Consider this excellent opportunity with the Manitoba government at the Manitoba Developmental Centre (MDC), located 45 minutes west of Winnipeg in the City of Portage la Prairie. The Manitoba Developmental Centre (MDC), a branch of the Department of Families, is an accredited facility providing residential care, supervision and developmental habilitation for adults with intellectual disabilities. On-site interdisciplinary teams provide a wide range of services to residents to ensure that every individual’s needs are met and that his/her quality of life is enhanced.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be actively registered, in good standing, (or eligible to obtain registration) with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM). Will also consider graduates able to obtain licensure
- Must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position including, but not limited to: bending, lifting, moving, transferring residents, loads up to 13.6 kg (30 lbs) and being on your feet for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work all shifts (inclusive of days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays)
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Experience providing direct resident care
- Experience accurately recording and reporting health record information (i.e. charting or clinical notes)
- Experience performing nursing assessments and clinical nursing interventions
- Ability to exercise good judgment in response to emergencies and challenging incidents
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating individual care plans
- Ability to work independently
- Effective time management and organizational skills to meet the demands of the position
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of the Health Care Team supporting quality services and quality improvement
- Experience and/or knowledge working with adults with intellectual disabilities and/or dual diagnoses
- Experience leading or supervising a team
The Licensed Practical Nurse works within an interdisciplinary team service model and applies the professional nursing process to deliver clinical nursing care interventions, including both mental health status and physical assessments, to adults with an intellectual disability who often have dual diagnoses. The incumbent functions under the Licensed Practical Nurses Act in accordance with the framework of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba. As a nursing professional, the incumbent provides leadership, supervision and feedback on a shift basis to Psychiatric Nursing Assistants and other support staff. The incumbent may assume supervisory responsibilities of a residential area in the absence of the Residential Coordinator.
Advertisement # 36959
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source