Sperling Industries Ltd. is an industry leader in structural steel manufacturing and mechanical equipment supply and install. We are seeking an individual to join our team who brings experience as a Loader/Operator/Shop laborer.
The employee is responsible for the moving of high-quality steel components inside and outside the shop. This includes structural steel and equipment for the industrial, grain and food related industries. Individuals will be responsible for loading and unloading trucks, setting up work areas and completing shop labor tasks. The employee will be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
• Follow work instructions and perform duties assigned from the shop supervisor
• Packaging, bundling and strapping items onto a truck load
• Fork lift and material handling
• Follow Safe Work Policies, Practices, and Procedures while performing all tasks
• Handle hazardous materials safely
• Prioritize and schedule responsibilities
• Work as a team member with a strong work ethic and excellent oral/written communication skills
• Ensure shop areas are clean and orderly
• Seek out and complete extra tasks when possible and time permits
Education, Experience and other skills:
• High School Diploma, or GED
• Valid driver’s license
• Organization, documentation and mechanical aptitude skills are an asset
• Operating equipment
• Operating powered and hand tools
• Reading skills for manuals, instructions, etc.
• Salary to be on an hourly basis $19-$26 an hour depending on qualifications and experience with an entitlement of 10% vacation/stat pay.
• Overtime remunerated at 1.5x
• Comprehensive Dental/vision/Medical benefits package for long term employees
• RRSP contribution program for long term employees
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to:
Human Resource Manager
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source