MAN Maintenance Assistant
Department of Central Services
Operations, Asset Management
Winnipeg MB, Various rural locations MB, Various northern locations MB
Advertisement Number: 37552
Salary(s): MAN $40,842.00 – $47,979.00 per year
Closing Date: September 14, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Manitoba government is seeking highly motivated Maintenance Assistants to work within the Asset Management Division of Central Services. The positions offer reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. Central Services provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Click here to access application form
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Drivers Licence and be able to work in other locations within the Division as needed.
- Must possess and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check. Satisfactory Security Check may be required.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including sitting, lifting, reaching, working at heights and in confined spaces.
- Must be able to work overtime, including evenings and weekends.
- trade designation, such as 5th Class Power Engineering certificate, or a post secondary certificate/diploma in a facility/property management environment or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with general building and grounds maintenance, and equipment.
- Experience with HVAC operations and maintenance, life safety systems, and fire alarm and protection systems.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety, and relevant safety policies and legislation.
- Ability to plan, analyze and make effective work-related decisions.
- Organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work with various stakeholders.
- Verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with contractors, clients, and the general public.
- Written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience working with database or maintenance tracking software (SAP for example)
Under the supervision of the Facility Manager or designate, the Maintenance Assistant performs a variety of tasks relating to the operation and maintenance of the facility with a potential requirement to work at other locations within the District as needed. The Maintenance Assistant is primarily responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance duties inside and outside the building; maintaining heating and cooling equipment; assisting tradespersons and grounds keeper when required on more complex repairs and/or installations; and performing checks, inspections and preventative maintenance on life safety systems.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access application form
Advertisement # 37552
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Please ensure to indicate your preferred location(s) on the application form.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source