MAN Maintenance Assistant
Department of Central Services
Operations, District 4, Asset Management – Central Capital
Advertisement Number: 36767
Salary(s): MAN $40,049.00 – $47,019.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: December 14, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Manitoba government is seeking highly motivated Maintenance Assistants to work with Asset Management – Central Capital in Thompson, MB. The positions offer reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package, which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long-term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. Central Services provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Security Check
- Must be able to work overtime, including evenings and weekends
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Drivers Licence and be able to work in other locations within the Division as needed
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including sitting, lifting, reaching, working at heights and in confined spaces
- Valid 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate recognized by the Manitoba Department of Labour or course certificate in a trade field with experience working in building maintenance.
- Experience in preventative maintenance on various facility systems, equipment, and building operations.
- Experience with HVAC operations and maintenance, life safety systems, and fire alarm and protection systems.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, procedures and relevant safety policies and legislation.
- Knowledge of Building Automation Systems, including DDC or related systems.
- Ability to plan and make effective work-related decisions.
- Organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with contractors, clients, and the general public.
- Written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience working with SAP or any equivalent database or maintenance tracking software.
Under the supervision of the Facility Manager or designate, the Maintenance Assistant performs a variety of tasks relating to the operation and maintenance of the facility with a potential requirement to work at other locations within the District as needed. The Maintenance Assistant is primarily responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance duties inside and outside the building including grounds keeping; maintaining heating and cooling equipment; assisting tradespersons when required on more complex repairs and/or installations; and performing checks, inspections and preventative maintenance on life safety systems.
Advertisement # 36767
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source