Maintenance Helper – TERM (March 31, 2021)
Closing Date: Friday, October 23, 2020 @ 4:00p.m.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a resume and cover letter, including two (2).
The DOTC Youth Employment Work Program (YEWP) Program is a training employment program that will enhance Indigenous youth by providing them with concrete work experience that will contribute to their professional development as young leaders.
During their work experience, they will work under the general supervision of the Manager and Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Helper does the day-to-day maintenance on the housing rental units, and there will be a training component included as well.
• Reviews all work orders, upon requests for service from tenants, for the interior/exterior of their premises to determine whether the work to be performed is the tenants’ responsibility to pay and will notify the office of any charges against the tenants as per work order
• Proceeds to complete authorized Work Orders in a timely fashion
• Communicates with supervisor to keep an up to date inventory on all materials, tools and equipment
• See that the appropriate actions are taken to ensure the maintenance of order and cleanliness for each rental unit.
• Any and all other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS: (including, but not limited to)
• Considerable knowledge on the maintenance and upkeep of the housing units
• Ability to deal with the tenants in a satisfactory manner with regards to maintenance problems
• Ability to plan in terms of organizing time for ongoing and short-term maintenance work
• Must have current Manitoba Driver’s license and vehicle
• Must be reliable and punctual
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source