We have partnered with one of Manitoba’s leading firms in waste reduction to recruit a Full-Time: Maintenance Mechanic/Cleaner
Starting Wage: $16.00 – $19.00 per hour – Wage increase upon passing probationary period
9-10 hour day depending on demand
M-F, some weekends, some OT
Purpose: To repair/maintain all aspects of the operating system at the MRF Winnipeg to ensure optimal system performance.
Hours: as per operational requirements, including one day on the weekend (as required).
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Location: All areas of the plant
1. Daily system inspection is to be performed at the beginning and end of each shift. Document any discrepancies found on a deficiency report.
2. Check maintenance board for new and outstanding deficiency reports at the beginning of the shift.
• Perform system maintenance as per priority sequence and/or conduct emergency repairs as required
• Daily maintenance but not limited to cleaning of Optical Sorters, Robot, Magnets, Drum feeder S4/S8 screens, conveyors, roller, bearings, shafts, ballistic , glass trommel and all other components in facility
• Inform Shift Supervisor or Operations Manager if an immediate repair is necessary.
• Ensure daily and weekly tasks are completed and recorded on proper maintenance forms.
3. Perform daily/weekly/monthly PMI’s as outlined in accordance with machine manuals or operational requirements. Fill out appropriate documentation.
4. Fill out maintenance paper work on a daily basis, ensure accurate completion and submitted to plant manager / supervisor.
5. Ensure that workshop, oil containment and work areas are kept clean and organized.
6. Responsible for ensuring all tools are maintained, inventoried, cleaned and returned to appropriate location
7. Other duties may be assigned with operational changes.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source