Maintenance Resource Manager
SM3 Maintenance Tradesperson 3 SRT
Department of Central Services
District 2 Operations, Asset Management – Central Capital
Milner Ridge MB
Advertisement Number: 37287
Salary(s): SM3 $60,960.00 – $72,146.00 per year
Closing Date: April 25, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Manitoba government is seeking a highly motivated Maintenance Resource Manager to work with Asset Management at the Milner Ridge Correctional Centre. This position offers reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. Manitoba Central Services provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Security Check.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers Licence and be capable of travel within the District.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma and/or Trades Certificate in a Building, Facility Operations and Maintenance field, and experience in a facility and property managed environment executing building operations and maintenance. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience overseeing building maintenance requirements and preventative maintenance.
- Experience working in a tenant services environment.
- Experience supervising and managing tradespersons, including providing coaching, leadership and development.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of safe work practices, procedures and relevant safety policies and legislation.
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of trade disciplines, equipment and code requirements, including plumbing, electrical and carpentry backgrounds.
- Decision making skills and the ability to solve problems under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Written communication skills.
- Experience using Plant Maintenance and Materials Management software (including SAP or comparable programs.)
Reporting to the Facility Manager or designate, the Maintenance Resource Manager is responsible for the coordination and scheduling of trades staff to complete specialized Maintenance, repair work and equipment installation efficiently and safely, with a minimum of disruption to client programs, at Milner Ridge Correctional Centre and other owned and leased facilities of District Two. The Maintenance Resource Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and scheduling the daily activities of trades staff and contractors to respond to regular and/or emergency requests and to carry out specialized preventative maintenance, repair and installations. The Maintenance Resource Manager prepares and issues work orders, compiles labour time and material charges, and ensures that the specialized preventative maintenance program is operational.
Advertisement # 37287
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source