This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
HMT Maintenance Tradesperson
Department of Families
Northern Housing Operation, Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation
Advertisement Number: 396
Salary(s): HMT $47,374.00 – $53,969.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: February 15, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s License
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check with a vulnerable sector search.
- Must provide a satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must be physically capable to perform the duties related to the position, such as but not limited to, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs., standing and walking on unlevel ground for long periods of time, bending, crouching and crawling in a confined space
- Must have the ability to travel within the Northern Region and provide own transportation
- Must be available to work rotating on-call evenings and weekends
- Must provide own hand tools
- Experience performing maintenance repairs including: carpentry (installation, removal and repairs), plumbing related to faucet and toilets, painting and some mechanical equipment repair
- Experience identifying maintenance and mechanical repair issues when attending homes and completing inspections
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize critical issues and operate effectively within limited timeframes
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to deal effectively with tenants and the public
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience working within safety policies and procedures
- Good written communication in completing inspection reports and follow up information on work orders
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Outlook
The Maintenance Trades Person is responsible for the completion of maintenance tasks within an assigned portfolio while ensuring Manitoba Housing’s policies, procedures, and guidelines are being followed. Performs related duties such as inspections, prepares scope of work for maintenance repairs and maintains inventories of materials, supplies and equipment. Prepares and submits required documentation connected to the performance of duties including any maintenance and tenant concerns to the Supervisor. Responsible to act as the Maintenance Coordinator where required.
Advertisement # 396
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source