LAB Labourer; OR1- Operator 1 – 4
Regional Operations, Technical Services & Operations
Gimli MB, Morris MB, Stony Mountain MB
Advertisement Number: 37212
Salary(s): LAB $35,896.00 – $38,442.00 per year ; OR1- $38,484.00 – $46,414.00 per year
Closing Date: March 28, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
This job advertisement may be used to fill future Maintenance Worker opportunities in the Gimli, Stoney Mountain, and Morris Maintenance yards. The eligibility list will remain in effect for twelve (12) months.
Priority consideration will be given to Technical Services and Operations staff currently in the Maintenance Worker series.
Manitoba Infrastructure is currently looking to fill five (5) full-time departmental positions within Regional Operations 1 & 2 in the following maintenance yards: Gimli (1), Morris (1), and Stoney Mountain (3). New employees are hired as Labourers (LAB) and promoted to the Operator (OR1-4) series as training, orientation, and proficiency testing milestones are achieved. If you are interested in a career with Manitoba Infrastructure, we encourage you to apply.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s licence with the ability to upgrade to a Class 3 with air brake endorsement within 6 months.
- Work extended hours, weekends, and statutory holidays, and be subject to call out on short notice, and working under adverse weather conditions.
- Physically capable of performing all of the required job duties that include, lifting/carrying 0-25kg, walking on rough terrain, sitting and standing for prolonged periods, climbing stairs and ladders, crouching, kneeling, bending, twisting, operating vehicles and wearing personal protective equipment).
- Able to respond to work within 30 minutes of call.
- Experience performing manual duties.
- Experience operating hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety, Health & Risk Management.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience operating light and/or heavy duty equipment.
- Experience servicing and/or making minor repairs to vehicles and equipment.
CANDIDATES MUST INDICATE THEIR PREFERRED LOCATION(S) IN THEIR RESUME AND/OR
Maintenance Workers report the Area Works Supervisor and receive lead hand direction from the Assistant Works Supervisor. MW’s operate and maintain maintenance equipment, small hand and power tools, and perform physical maintenance work associated with highway maintenance activities to ensure the safety of workers and the travelling public while maintaining public infrastructure.
Advertisement # 37212
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source