LAB LAB Labourer; OR1-4 Operator 1-4
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Highway Regional Operations, Capital Region, Transportation Operations
Manigotagan MB, Altona MB, Beausejour MB, Dominion City MB, Elie MB, Gimli MB, Piney MB, Morris MB, Morden MB, Lorette MB, Lac du Bonnet MB, Headingley MB, Hadashville MB, Sanford MB, St. Norbert MB, St. Pierre-Jolys MB, Steinbach MB, Teulon MB, Warren MB, Whitemouth MB, Carman MB
Advertisement Number: 39470
Salary(s): LAB $35,896.00 – $38,442.00 Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.; OR1-4 $38,859.00 – $46,414.00 Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: February 28, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Future Maintenance Worker (LAB/OR1-4) Career Opportunities: A 12 month eligibility list may be established to fill any subsequent vacancies within the Capital Region. If you are not interested in the locations listed, we encourage you to apply in the event a vacancy does become available. *A list of maintenance yards can be provided upon request.
Priority consideration will be given to Transportation Operations Division staff currently in the Maintenance Worker Series (LAB/OR) classification.
Manitoba Transportation & Infrastructure (MTI) is currently looking to fill several full-time departmental positions in the Capital region in the following maintenance yards: St. Norbert, Steinbach, Headingley, Sanford, Manigotagan, Piney, Whitemouth/Hadashville, Teulon, Morris, Carman, Warren, Morden, Gimli, Lorette, St. Pierre, Elie, Dominion City, Lac du Bonnet, Altona, and Beausejour.
*This competition will remain open until filled. Resumes will be screened on an ongoing basis with the first round of interviews occurring in September. We encourage all interested candidates in the positions listed above to submit their resumes no later than August 7, 2022.
*Please note that new employees are hired as Labourers (LAB: $35,896-$38,442) and promoted to the Operator (OR1-4: $38,859 to $46,414) series once training, orientation, and proficiency-testing milestones are met.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s licence & able to upgrade to class 3 with air brake endorsement within 6 months.
- Must be available to work extended hours, weekends and statutory holidays.
- This position is subject to call outs and working under adverse weather conditions.
- Must be physically capable of performing all of the required job duties, lifting/carrying 0-25kg, walking on rough terrain, sitting and standing for prolonged periods, climbing stairs and ladders, crouching, kneeling, bending, twisting, operating vehicles and wearing personal equipment.
- Must be able to report to work within 30 minutes of a call out.
- Experience performing manual duties.
- Experience operating hand and power tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of Occupational Safety, Health & Risk Management.
- The ability to work independently.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience operating light and/or heavy duty equipment.
- Experience servicing and/or making minor repairs to vehicles and equipment.
Maintenance Workers (MW’s) report to the Area Works Supervisor and receive lead hand direction from the Assistant Works Supervisor. MW’s operate and maintain maintenance equipment, small hand and power tools, and perform physical maintenance work associated with highway maintenance activities to ensure the safety of workers and the travelling public while maintaining public infrastructure.
Advertisement # 39470
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source