Management and Administration
XM2 Executive Director – Systems Planning, Performance and Corporate Services
Department of Mental Health and Community Wellness
Assistant Deputy Minister’s Office
Advertisement Number: 39573
Salary(s): XM2 $95,171.00 – $113,800.00 per year
Closing Date: August 8, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
The Department of Mental Health and Community Wellness (MHCW) is looking for an Executive Director of Systems Planning, Performance and Corporate Services to join our expanding team. The Department’s vision is that Manitobans experience optimal physical, mental, emotional, cultural and spiritual well-being across their lifespan. MHCW takes a whole-of-government approach to providing strategic leadership, funding, policy direction and oversight for Manitoba’s mental health and substance use/addictions system as well as chronic disease prevention and health promotion programs and services.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary degree in health, social sciences or public administration. A relevant combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Extensive leadership experience in the area of mental health, substance use/addictions and wellness including operational, human resources and financial management.
- Experience leading the design and implementation of legislation, regulations, policies and programs.
- Experience translating strategic priorities into clear operational plans and developing metrics to measure performance, including performance management and measurement systems (e.g. key performance indicators and balanced scorecards).
- Strong leadership skills to empower staff, leverage opportunities for innovation, find creative solutions to issues, and successfully manage change.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively relay complex and sensitive information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills to develop briefing material involving complex and sensitive matters.
- Political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Experience building relationships with Indigenous people and implementing the principles of reconciliation.
- Masters degree in health, social sciences or public administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Mental Health Act, the Addictions Foundation Act and the Youth Drug Stabilization Act.
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister, the Executive Director of Systems Planning, Performance and Corporate Services ensures an integrated, holistic governmental approach to the provision of mental health policy and program supports, and ensures operational, strategic and corporate services priorities are achieved. Working as a strategic and visionary leader, the Executive Director leads and manages the branch and operations related to business and performance, Indigenous relations, the Chief Provincial Psychiatrist Office, and the Mental Health Review Board.
Advertisement # 39573
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source