Manager, Analytical Unit
XM3 Senior Manager 3
Acting Status (Temporary)
until March 2023
Analytical Services Unit, Treasury Board Secretariat
Advertisement Number: 37791
Salary(s): XM3 $98,670.00 – $117,866.00 per year
Closing Date: June 26, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Treasury Board Secretariat provides financial and analytical support and strategic management advice to the Minister of Finance and Treasury Board. Treasury Board is a sub-committee of Cabinet responsible for the overall fiscal management and reporting of the Manitoba government and the establishment of policies required for the effective management of public funds to meet government objectives.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must have the ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the Province, Canada, and Internationally
- Formal post-secondary education in business, public administration, accounting, economics or related field coupled with extensive and progressively responsible experience in a senior related position. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience with the decision-making processes of government, including understanding of practices, which may include policy development; strategic planning, budgeting, program evaluation and reporting to senior management.
- Extensive experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders and officials on politically sensitive issues.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to maintain a corporate perspective on issues and develop recommendations with a full consideration of various alternatives.
- Experience in a management or supervisory capacity with the ability to apply effective human resources practices.
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to develop, coach and motivate professional staff and to establish productive working relationships with senior management staff across government.
- Experience planning, organizing, and evaluating the work of professional analysts working in a dynamic and time sensitive environment.
- Superior written communication skills, including the ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Superior oral communication skills, including the ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner to executive decision makers.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage conflict.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
As a member of the department’s management team, the Manager, Analytical Services Unit (ASU) is responsible to lead and manage one of three analytical services teams, and for overseeing and directing research, analysis, identification of options, provision of advice and recommendations, and monitoring program, policy and financial issues for assigned departments and other reporting entities, as required. This oversight is accomplished through the development of effective working relationships and open communications with assigned departments, and a proactive program of research and review related to each department, its programs and its issues (including an appreciation of both micro and macro influences).
The Manager provides advice and support to the Assistant Deputy Minister of Analysis and Strategic Management as well as information, recommendations and advice to Treasury Board, senior management and other government officials on a variety of program and financial issues, including high profile and/or complex matters facing government.
Advertisement # 37791
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source