Manager, Banking Strategy and Innovation
FI7 Financial Officer
Department of Finance
Risk Management and Banking , Treasury
Advertisement Number: 37227
Salary(s): FI7 $78,395.00 – $105,062.00 per year
Closing Date: March 15, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Treasury Division, Department of Finance, is a separate entity placed under the management of an Assistant Deputy Minister due to the need to place greater emphasis on the management and servicing of substantial amounts of money, debt, investments and derivative instruments requiring specialized financial expertise in those complex areas. The Division manages and administers the cash resources, borrowing programs, investment, debt management, hedging and banking activities of the government. It also manages the borrowing programs and investment activities for all Crown Corporations.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the Province
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally on occasion
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Mathematics or Economics and a professional designation. An equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience with payment card industry data security standards and compliance requirements
- Experience with payment and cash management technology, banking products and services, revenue collection policies, financial service agreements, banking regulations and financial services best practices
- Experience managing and leading staff including performance management, mentorship, and training
- Problem solving skills with the ability to conduct analysis and develop solutions for complex issues, specific to banking and financial risk management scenarios
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with individuals at all levels
- Organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a high demand, fast paced environment
- Written communication skills with experience reviewing business contracts, and preparing and evaluating RFI’s and RFP’s
- Verbal communication skills including the ability to present information to various groups including senior leadership.
- Experience with databases and advanced Excel spreadsheet applications
- Knowledge of the Treasury Division’s Treasury Risk Management Framework and Treasury Division policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the Financial Administration Act and Government of Manitoba procedures and legislation related to the Province’s banking activities
The Manager, Banking Strategy & Innovation is an integral participant in a team that is responsible for the provision of banking services to all government departments and the development, implementation, oversight and improvement of all risk management policies and procedures related to the Treasury Division’s investment, borrowing and banking activities. The Manager, Banking Strategy & Innovation is responsible for maintaining personal contact with all Treasury Branches, external financial counterparties, government departments utilizing banking services and internal stakeholders including the OAG, Treasury Board, Comptroller’s Division, Procurement Services, legal counsel, and the Risk Committee. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring the Treasury Division promotes and provides optimal banking services to government departments and ensures the compliance of payment card users with payment card industry data security standards.
Advertisement # 37227
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source