Manager, Business Planning & Technology
BA4 Manager, Business Planning & Technology
Department of Education
Business Support Services, Planning & Transformation
Advertisement Number: 37922
Salary(s): BA4 $82,480.00 – $101,998.00 per year
Closing Date: July 25, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
This competition may be used to appoint successful candidates to future regular, term or acting status appointments in similar positions. Where established, an eligibility list will remain in effect for up to 12 months. This competition may also be used to source candidates for other analyst positions at the Business Analyst 3 (BA3) classification.
The Department of Education is looking for a transformational leader to join our team during an exciting time for the department and for Manitoba’s K-12 education system. The Planning and Transformation Division is seeking a dynamic leader to fill the Manager, Business Planning & Technology Services, position within the Business Support Services Branch.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Ability to work overtime including evenings and weekends as required.
- Post-secondary education in a business, management, technology or related field and several years of related work experience. Other combinations of education, training and extensive experience may be considered
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, planning and leading technology projects, including developing business requirements, project management and project governance
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to create, support and sustain a diverse environment that enables staff to achieve results and to develop for the future
- Demonstrated ability to leverage opportunities for innovation, find creative solutions to issues, and successfully manage change
- Significant experience in leading and managing business analysis engagements, developing business cases, documenting business requirements and identifying and evaluating technology options and solutions to ensure alignment with business needs
- Effective verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Superior written communication skills, including the ability to present information effectively for decision-making purposes
- Effective interpersonal skills the ability to manage and maintain relationships with senior management, diverse stakeholders and business teams or service providers across functional areas and across various organizations.
- Superior organizational and time-management skills with the ability to manage complex and competing priorities, with a high-degree of efficiency and accuracy.
- Strong political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Strong financial acumen with knowledge of public sector budgeting and financial reporting.
The Manager, Business Planning and Technology Services leads a team of business consultants in developing strategic and operational technology and knowledge management solutions to support the department and priorities for Manitoba’s K-12 system. The unit ensures appropriate support and maintenance of mission-critical departmental information systems. The Manager provides leadership and overall management for technology planning, business and information architecture, project initiation, project development and project management for new and major technology initiatives within Manitoba Education and the broader K-12 education sector in Manitoba.
Advertisement # 37922
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source