Manager, Capital Management and Fiscal Strategy
XM3 Senior Manager 3
Department of Finance
Treasury Board Secretariat
Advertisement Number: 39862
Salary(s): XM3 $105,308.00 – $125,722.00 per year
Closing Date: September 26, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This is an exciting opportunity to innovate, develop and deliver Manitoba’s multi-year Capital Strategy. This high priority and highly visible role will drive the overall strategy for Manitoba’s capital expenditures and seek to add greater transparency in our planned capital projects across central government departments as well as other government-supported entities such as health service organizations and regional health authorities, school divisions and post-secondary institutions, and crown corporations.
As the government moves towards greater central management of capital, this role will lead the process with senior level stakeholders to plan for a more robust and effective delivery of capital projects, including setting up and managing a central capital appropriation, and, exploring ideas and generating options for improving capital utilization across the public sector. The Manager will work with other branches of Treasury Board Secretariat to incorporate the Capital Strategy into the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and annual report & public accounts of government.
The Manager leads a team of 3 staff and is responsible for legislation and policies related to Fiscal Strategy and prepares the budget papers related to fiscal strategy.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Evening and weekend work will be frequently required
- Travel may be required
- Post-secondary education in business administration, finance, accounting, economics, engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience in strategic planning, project management, capital projects planning and delivery,
- Experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders and officials on politically sensitive issues
- Experience with the decision-making processes of government, which may include policy development, strategic planning, analysis, budgeting and reporting
- Proven ability as a leader with a commitment to create, support and sustain a diverse environment that enables staff to achieve results and to develop for the future
- Analytical skills, including the ability to maintain a corporate perspective on issues and develop recommendations with a full consideration of various alternatives
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships and collaborate strategically with a variety of stakeholders
The Treasury Board Secretariat provides financial and analytical support and strategic management advice to the Minister of Finance and Treasury Board. Treasury Board is a sub-committee of Cabinet responsible for the overall fiscal management and reporting of the Manitoba government and the establishment of policies required for the effective management of public funds to meet government objectives.
Fiscal Management and Capital Planning (FMCP) is responsible for developing fiscal strategy and planning options for the Government of Manitoba. This is accomplished through the maintenance of an effective budget/planning cycle within an overall fiscal framework. FMCP co-ordinates the annual budget process and finalizes the estimates of expenditure and revenue for tabling in the Legislature. FMCP prepares money bills and supporting information for tabling in the Legislature, and develops and implements such processes that are necessary to maintain the orderly business of government.
Advertisement # 39862
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source