Manager, Category Management
PM4 Planning & Program Analyst 4
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Procurement and Supply Chain
Advertisement Number: 39329
Salary(s): PM4 $72,967.00 – $92,939.00 per year
Closing Date: June 11, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team. We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and
parental leave, a defined pension plan, relocation costs as applicable, training, educational support and career development opportunities, among others.
To be considered for this competition you must submit a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Must be able to travel by ground and/or air transportation on occasion and as required.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or completion of a professional procurement designation. A combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Management experience including resource planning and allocation, coaching, mentoring and developing staff, and performance management.
- Leadership experience in a procurement and supply chain with a focus on category management, strategic sourcing and contracting and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with experience leading cross functional teams and implementing organizational change.
- Comprehensive understanding of category management methodologies and processes with the ability to apply tools and approaches.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships and collaborate strategically with a variety of stakeholders.
- Understanding of the competitive procurement cycle, including tendering, evaluation, selection, negotiation, contract award and contract management.
- Strong political acumen with the ability to manage confidential, controversial and politically sensitive material and situations.
- Experience with project management tools and techniques to plan and project manage implementation of strategic source plans.
- Knowledge of different methods of Supplier Relationship Management and the ability to identify and implement the most appropriate approach.
- Written communication skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of public procurement best practices, trade agreements and provincial legislation.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate and Specialty Categories, the Manager, Category Management is responsible for staff leadership and technical expertise with respect to program administration in delivering category management services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning, designing, and delivering category management services, including overseeing all procurement activities.
- Leading the development of robust sourcing strategies based on complex research to provide innovative procurement recommendations to senior leadership and executive.
- Managing and leading a team of procurement professionals
- Developing and maintaining strong external relationships to foster supplier relationship management activities.
- Developing partnerships with departments and agencies across government and the broader public sector.
- Managing all phases of the procurement cycle, including legal consultation, resolution of issues and providing approvals.
- Executing ongoing monitoring of complex procurement projects, practices and strategies to promote standardization and process improvement across departments.
Advertisement # 39329
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source