Manager, Climate Resilience
G5 Agrologist 5
Department of Agriculture
Land Use and Ecosystems Resilience, Agriculture Production and Resilience
Advertisement Number: 39892
Salary(s): G5 $79,325.00 – $104,244.00 per year
Closing Date: November 18, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Manitoba Agriculture works collaboratively with citizens, industry, governments and other stakeholders to enable the sustainable development and strengthen the resilience of Manitoba’s agriculture and food processing industries. Skilled, passionate and engaged staff that embrace innovation and continuous improvement are key to the department’s success.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be eligible for membership in the Manitoba Institute of Agrologists with Professional Agrologist designation and the ability to obtain the designation once succcessful for the position.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba class 5 driver’s license.
- Access to a personal vehicle for business purposes; to attend meetings in other work locations as required.
- Physically capable of working outdoors, in various environmental conditions.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Experience providing technical support related to climate resilience and soils, attaining and delivering policy advice leading to the development of strategic recommendations, and program delivery and implementation.
- Supervisory experience such as, managing work plans, work loads, and priorities; coaching, training and development; leading staff in projects, and performance management and evaluation.
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to building and maintain effective working relationships with clients, colleagues, organizations, and other stakeholder groups.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage politically sensitive and complex issues/priorties.
The Manager, Climate Resilience is responsible to lead and manage the section, oversee the administration of the section’s programs and provide advice and support to the Director of the Branch. The incumbent is responsible for climate resilience, agriculture weather capacity, soil survey and extension of climate data that influences sustainable crop and livestock production. The Manager provides leadership on climate, soil and weather issues while managing the department’s soil survey programs and network of ag weather stations. The Manager leads the collection and extension of Manitoba weather and soil data and regional programs and initiatives related to productivity, sustainability, and climate change adaptation for crop and livestock production.
Advertisement # 39892
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source