Manager, Data Analytics
AX2 Audit Supervisor 2
Office of the Auditor General
Office of the Auditor General (OAG)
Advertisement Number: 37600
Salary(s): AX2 $63,926.00 – $84,920.00 per year
Closing Date: May 31, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
This position is being posted on behalf of the Office of the Auditor General (OAG).
The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is an independent office of the Legislative Assembly established under The Auditor General Act. At the OAG, we pride ourselves on positively influencing public sector performance through impactful audit work and reports. Our work goes beyond the bottom line. As legislative auditors, we serve the Manitoba Legislative Assembly, and in turn, all Manitobans. We offer an exciting and rewarding work environment by providing challenging assignments, training and development opportunities, a comprehensive benefits package and a healthy life/work balance. A healthy life/work balance to us means overtime is a rarity, flexible scheduling and the option of voluntary reduced work schedules.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Post-secondary education in relevant disciplines such as Data Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Studies, Business Analysis or Intelligence, Information Technology, Accounting, and Auditing.
- Extensive progressive experience in performing data analysis.
- Experience using data analytics tools (i.e. IDEA, SQI., etc.) and extracting data from a variety of databases such as relational databases (SQI., Oracle, DB2), non-relational databases (i.e, Redis), data warehouses and unstructured data sources.
- Experiencing documenting procedures, guidance or standards.
- Experiencing training, coaching or mentoring others regarding data analytics.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to determine approaches suitable to assess data and identify findings.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for the purposes of presenting detailed data analysis results with a diverse group of stakeholders using clear, concise language.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to manage competing priorities within tight timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with various stakeholders and work effectively with teams.
- Experience performing data analysis in an auditing or accounting environment would be an asset.
Reporting to the Principal, IT Audits (Principal), the Manager, Data Analytics (Manager), is responsible for advancing the Office’s data analytics strategy across the the three pillars of people, process and technology. The Manager undertakes actions to integrate data analytics in our audit processes to enhance our capabilities in providing reliable audits that are valued by the Legislative Assembly. These actions include establishing data analytics guidance, procedures and standards, promoting awareness of data analytics use throughout the office, and identifying and providing training to staff. The Manager also identifies and assesses data analytics software to enhance audit capabilities.
The Manager is accountable for leading and conducting data analysis audit work for financial statement, performance, investigations, IT and governance audits. The Manager works closely with the Principals, Managers, and other auditors to plan and execute the data analytics audit work (i.e. data transformation and integration, statistical analyses, journal entry testing, test analytics, and documentation of audit procedures, results and conclusions).
Advertisement # 37600
Manitoba Legislative Assembly
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3R6
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source