Manager, Income Supplement Program (1 position)
Manager, Child Care Subsidy Program (1 position)
XO3 Admin Officer 3
Department of Families
Employment Income and Health Supports, Provincial Services, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 39273
Salary(s): XO3 $60,579.00 – $75,634.00 per year
Closing Date: November 18, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition you MUST submit the application form, resume, and cover letter. See below link to access the APPLICATION FORM.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Must provide satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must provide satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Ability to travel for government business purposes
- Post secondary degree in social sciences or business administration field. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered at an underfill or commensurate classification and salary level.
- Supervisory experience providing direction and leadership to a team including human resource management such as coaching, recruitment, training, performance management and supportive employment.
- Experience in managing the administration, planning and evaluation of programs delivered to clients in a social service environment.
- Experience with interpretation, implementation and evaluation of policies.
- Work experience building collaborative relationships with internal/external braches, departments agencies and the general public.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated effective oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks in a complex, high volume work environment with competing demands.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal income support programs and/or knowledge of child care subsidy program and the Early Learning and Child Care program.
Reporting to the Director of Provincial Services, the Manager has lead responsibility to manage and deliver all of the work undertaken by the unit. This involves providing specialized advice/direction/consultation and leading practice training, mentoring (case specific, organizational, financial) to unit staff. This position has funding approval authorities established within program guidelines. This position provides a high level of leadership in the area of best practices around the subject matter.
This position requires the incumbent to be knowledgeable of various programs within the Departments of Families, Housing and Community Development and the Early Learning and Child Care Program. Additionally, it means that the incumbent must be familiar with both the service delivery aspects of the assignment as well as the fiscal components of service delivery (program budgets/salary and operating budgets, etc.). The Manager develops and maintains effective working relationships both within all levels of the organization as well as partner departments. The position is responsible for reviewing and representing the specialty of the unit with Senior Program officials and vice versa. The Manager is required to participate as a team member on a number and variety of tasks/projects such as policy development, change management, and service delivery enhancements.
Advertisement # 39273
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
To be considered for this competition you MUST submit the application form, resume, and cover letter. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form.
Please clearly demonstrate how you meet the qualifications of this position. Your resume should clearly support the information you provided in your cover letter and the application for screening form.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source