Manager, Indigenous Governing Bodies Support Branch
PM4 Planning and Program Analyst 4
Department of Families
Indigenous Governing Bodies Support Branch, Child and Youth Services
Advertisement Number: 39691
Salary(s): PM4 $77,109.00 – $98,216.00 per year
Closing Date: October 24, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar full-time and part-time, term and regular positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check with vulnerable sector search, Child Abuse Registry, Adult Abuse Registry, Prior Contact Check
- Post-secondary degree in law, Indigenous studies, social sciences, economics, business or public administration or a related field; a combination of related education and/or experience may be considered.
- Proven ability as a leader with a commitment to create, support and sustain a diverse environment that enables staff to achieve results and to develop for the future.
- Working or extensive knowledge and experience of Indigenous self-governance and inter-governmental affairs, including experience negotiating funding and/or other significant agreements with external stakeholders or other levels of government, including Indigenous Governing Bodies.
- Political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to executive leaders and working with Indigenous leadership and other external stakeholders on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Extensive knowledge of Manitoba’s child and family services system, as well as federal Indigenous CFS legislation.
- Experience building relationships with Indigenous communities and advancing reconciliation.
- Executive management experience with responsibility for human and financial resources.
- Strong verbal communication skills with experience managing internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills with the ability to prepare briefing notes, discussion papers, reports and authority seeking documents.
The Manager is responsible to lead and manage the Indigenous Governing Bodies Support Branch Policy Analysts and provide advice and support to the Executive Director, as well as any interdepartmental bodies established to provide strategic direction to the Department of Families. The Manager assists and supports the implementation of provincial CFS system adaptation, working with the CFS Authorities and key stakeholders to support the implementation of major change management activities.
Advertisement # 39691
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source