This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
Manager, Information Technology
Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA)
Manitoba Gaming Control Commission
Advertisement Number: 36846
Closing Date: November 26, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A CIVIL SERVICE POSITION
The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA) regulates the province’s liquor, gaming and cannabis industries, including oversight for liquor sales, service and manufacturing; gaming employees, products, events and operations; and retail cannabis stores. The LGCA also is in the process of integrating the regulatory responsibilities of the Manitoba Horse Racing Commission into its mandate. We strive to serve the public interest by regulating these industries in a respectful, impartial and balanced manner.
The LGCA is seeking a highly-motivated individual as its Manager, Information Technology. This position is part of the organization’s management team and is responsible for the direction and management of the information technology department, which is a part of the strategic services and public affairs unit.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
The successful candidate must have:
• A university degree in computer science or a related field; and five to ten years of related experience, preferably in the public sector. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Diverse management and leadership skills to lead, coach, mentor, foster collaboration, provide direction, motivate staff, resolve and manage conflicts, and maintain a high level of performance through effective human resources management practices in a unionized environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, clients and stakeholders, and excellent interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships.
• Attention to detail, with demonstrated organizational and time management skills to plan, balance, and manage performance, competing priorities and workload demands while ensuring departmental standards are met.
• Excellent critical thinking, analytical, judgement and decision-making skills that support department and organizational goals.
• Demonstrated political acumen, adaptability, and issues management expertise to respond to sensitive issues.
• Experience developing training programs, policies and procedures to support IT users and systems.
• Experience leading and managing large-scale projects across diverse teams, while ensuring quality deliverables.
• Experience with budgeting, reporting and procurement, with an understanding of financial management practices.
• Training and experience with Microsoft applications and Windows server software platforms, network security processes, and web and systems development.
The following qualifications are desired:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Proficiency in French.
The Manager, Information Technology is part of the LGCA’s management team. The position is responsible for the direction, management and oversight of the LGCA’s Information Technology (IT) department and IT resources; this includes both network and systems development. The position oversees departmental operations, procedures and provides leadership and development to staff. The position is responsible for managing IT projects and resources, risk management, planning and budgeting, enforcement of IT policies, auditing systems and providing reliable and secure IT infrastructure to the LGCA.
The LGCA has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity leave top-up plan, family-related leave and a defined benefit pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). The LGCA also has ergonomic workstations and free parking. Training, educational support and career development opportunities are available.
Please quote your name and the advertisement number in the subject line of your email. Please submit your cover letter, resume and any other documents in PDF format. The LGCA does not accept .zip files or links to Google Docs, Dropbox or any cloud-based storage systems as a replacement for PDF documents.
Advertisement # 36846
Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority
Human Resource Services
1055 Milt Stegall Drive
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 0Z6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source