Manager, Innovation and Improvements
PM4 Policy Analyst 4
Department of Health
Department Services Branch, Insurance Division
Advertisement Number: 39507
Salary(s): PM4 $77,109.00 – $98,216.00 per year
Closing Date: October 25, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for future term and regular PM4 opportunities, subject to staffing approval, and may remain in effect until exhausted. This competition may also be used to source candidates for other Policy Analyst positions for the Department of Health at the (PM3) classification.
The Department of Health is currently seeking to fill the position of Manager, Innovation and Improvements. The Innovation and Improvements team is responsible for promoting a culture of continuous improvement in the Department. The Innovation and Improvements team leads department-wide innovation and improvement projects and strategic policy, planning and implementation for a range of operational and corporate support activities, including: facilities management, business continuity planning, employee engagement and development, diversity/inclusion activities, workplace safety and health and strategic enterprise-wide space planning.
To be considered for this competition, you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, however in order to be considered for this opportunity you must submit both the application form and your resume.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post secondary degree related to Social Science, Public or Business Administration, and specialized training in process improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Experience leading or supervising staff including coaching and mentoring.
- Experience in project management including facilitating continuous improvement projects.
- Experience leading organizational change and providing solutions to challenges.
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating initiatives fostering employee engagement, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Strong written communication skills to prepare various documents for executive decision makers and stakeholders.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with various levels of audiences within the organization.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships and partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong political acumen to navigate sensitive and confidential issues with tact and discretion.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage competing and rapidly changing priorities with strict timelines.
- Experience in policy and program analysis including design, development, implementation and evaluation.
The Manager, Innovation and Improvements is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and staff of the Innovation and Improvements team including recruitment, performance management, staff development and succession planning while maintaining a respectful workplace that promotes diversity, inclusion, learning and continuous improvement. The Manager is also responsible for providing advice and support to the Director, Executive Director and other senior departmental officials on team activities, while providing strategic leadership in the design, implementation and continuous improvement of departmental policies, projects, processes and standards.
Advertisement # 39507
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source