Manager – Legislation Unit
PM4 Planning and Program Analyst 4
Department of Families
Legislation and Strategic Policy Branch, Corporate Services
Advertisement Number: 37469
Salary(s): PM4 $72,967.00 – $92,939.00 per year
Closing Date: May 18, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be established to fill current and future regular, term, part-time and/or full-time positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This is not a bilingual position, however successful candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for similar positions that may require bilingual French/English verbal and written communication skills. Candidates are encouraged to indicate on their résumé if they fulfill this potential requirement. Candidates under further consideration from the interview process will be required to undergo a French language skills assessment.
The Legislative Unit, which is within the Legislation and Strategic Policy Branch of the Department of Families, provides leadership and oversight to all department staff working on legislative projects. The unit is responsible for coordinating all legislative work of the department, including drafting legislative proposals, working with Legislative Counsel, program staff and senior management, and producing policy and other documents in support of the legislative process. The unit leads project management of all departmental legislative work, serving as key liaison among internal and external partners to manage the department’s legislative agenda.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Post-secondary education, preferably at the Masters level, in social science, law or a related field. A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Strong research and analysis experience
- Excellent written communication skills including experience writing a variety of clear and concise documents for different audiences
- Strong leadership skills including experience managing staff and/or leading teams
- Experience leading complex policy, program or legislative projects
- Advanced political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including experience presenting complex material to negotiate and to resolve conflict
- Advanced organizational skills and experience working under pressure to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent French verbal communication skills. *required only for designated bilingual positions
- Excellent French written communication skills. *required only for designated bilingual positions
- Knowledge of social service programs
The Manager is responsible for the direction, management and oversight of the Legislative Unit. This includes managing policy analysts within the unit, initiating and developing legislative and policy options, leading complex policy and legislative projects, providing policy advice, and effectively liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
A complete copy of the position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 37469
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source