Manager, Medical Commissioning **REVISED**
Department of Health
Financial Commissioning, Resources and Performance
Advertisement Number: 38647
Salary(s): FI5 $67,671.00 – $86,584.00 per year
Closing Date: April 1, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This competition is designated for women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Only applicants who self-declare at the time of application will be eligible for further consideration.
Manitoba Health is seeking to fill the position of Manager, Medical Commissioning to provide financial, analytical, and advisory support to Departmental management and external agencies related to the estimates of expenditure process, mandate, negotiation, financial settlement process, and activities related to Physician Services, Pharmacare, Ancillary, and other programs.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A professional CPA (Certified Professional Accountant) designation with current and active membership in CPA Manitoba and CPA Canada, or eligibility for membership; or other suitable combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience with financial management and resource allocation principals in the public sector, with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and accounting standards.
- Financial management experience including directing, coordinating, and supporting the delivery of financial planning and budgetary services.
- Strong verbal communication skills to deliver information in a clear and organized manner to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills to create clear and concise written performance and financial reports, and clearly articulate complex financial information, in a manner easily understood by decision makers.
- Ability to lead and manage a team through change.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills for forecasting, innovating, and creative problem solving.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to deliver effective service in a high volume environment with tight deadlines.
- Management experience, including operational and human resource management.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally with various internal and external.stakeholders with different professional and technical backgrounds.
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Outlook, Access, and Excel.
- Experience in the use of SAP.
The Manager provides leadership, guidance, advice, training, and instruction to senior financial analysts within the unit and is responsible for establishing and maintaining internal controls, budgeting, and ensuring the efficient implementation of both Departmental and Government policies, programs, and directives. The Manager conducts comprehensive financial analyses of financial reporting documents, identifies relevant issues, and provides creative and innovative advice, recommendations, and solutions to departmental management. The Manager prepares, reviews, and provides recommendations on departmental estimates, submissions, and correspondence including Treasury Board and departmental documents and reviews Treasury Board minutes for financial implications, provides recommendations on allocation of funding, and is responsible for the unit’s cash flow reporting.
Advertisement # 38647
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source