Manager, Municipal Policy and Legislation
PM4 Planning and Program Analyst 4
Municipal Governance, Municipal Capacity and Assessment
Advertisement Number: 36684
Salary(s): PM4 $72,967.00 – $92,939.00 per year
Closing Date: October 24, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be established for comparable positions within the department.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends, as required
- Must be willing and able to travel within the province
- Post secondary degree related to Social Science, Finance or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to build and maintain a high functioning, cohesive team
- Extensive experience in conducting research, analysis, evaluation and policy formulation/project management
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and partnerships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills for preparing clear and concise analytical decision making documents and briefing materials for executive decision-makers and a variety of audiences
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various levels of the organization and present information formally and informally
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and display initiative to independently manage projects and pursue new challenges and opportunities
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to manage competing priorities with strict timelines and demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities and tasks
- Strong political acumen for navigating sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Ability to speak and write in French
Manitoba Municipal Relations supports the building of healthy and sustainable communities. Reporting to the Senior Director of Municipal Governance, you will be responsible for the leadership and direction of a unit accountable for all major program and policy evaluation and development in the division including research, analysis and recommendations on the effectiveness of municipal policies, projects, and initiatives related to municipal administration, finance and service delivery. You will also lead the unit in contributing to the research and development of legislative and regulatory amendments and support the Provincial-Territorial Table of Ministers Responsible for Local Government, and related Deputy Minister and senior officials’ tables. Limited travel time will be expected.
Advertisement # 36684
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source