Manager, Program & Funding Review Unit
EAC Manager, Program & Funding Review Unit
Department of Education
Inclusion Support Branch, Student Achievement & Inclusion
Advertisement Number: 37577
Salary(s): EAC $76,598.00 – $97,611.00 per year
Closing Date: May 14, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Inclusion Support Branch within the Student Achievement & Inclusion Division of the Department of Education is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Manager, Program & Funding Unit.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate
- Must possess and maintain a valid Full Stage Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must be able to travel throughout Manitoba and Canada
- Post-secondary degree in education with specific training and work experience in the field of special education.
- Experience managing, supervising and/or leading a team with the ability to apply effective human resources practices.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders in a diverse environment.
- Strong oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with senior leaders and officials, external stakeholders and members of the public.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to prepare high-level correspondence and reports to senior management.
- High level of political acumen for navigating sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to demonstrate sound judgement and resolve complex issues.
- Experience working within a regulatory environment including interpreting and applying statutes, regulations, policies, etc.
- A high degree of specialized current knowledge related to the delivery of student services and philosophy of inclusion in Manitoba schools and the ability to evaluate the progress of students and the efficiency of teachers.
- Experience working with or thorough knowledge of special needs level 2 and level 3 funding processes.
The manager of the Program and Funding Unit is accountable for the operation of the Unit in respect to staffing and resources. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Inclusion Support Branch (ISB), this position is responsible for the management and administration of the Special Needs Categorical Funding process, Review and Reporting Process, Program Funding Agreements and the management of projects within the Unit. The Manager selects and assigns staff to projects; reviews and monitors work plans, supervises staff, and implements programs approved by government policy. The Manager reports to and provides advice and assistance to the Executive Director on matters relating to functions of the Program and Funding Unit. The Manager is also a member of the management team of the Inclusion Support Branch.
Advertisement # 37577
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source