Manager, Safety, Health and Wellness
XO4 Administrative Officer 4
Custody, Community Safety Division
Advertisement Number: 37754
Salary(s): XO4 $2,502.70 – $3,145.78 bi-weekly
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
To be considered for this competition, you must submit an Application Screening Form along with your resume to the Civil Service Commission by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), quoting 37754 and position title in the subject line. Resumes may be used in addition to the Application Screening Form for screening purposes.
If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services (contact information under “Apply to”) to request a copy of the Application Screening Form.
CLICK HERE to access the application screening form.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, Custody, The Manager, Safety, Health and Wellness will serve as the Division lead and subject matter expert by providing high level direction and leadership for all divisional and custodial safety, health and wellness programs and initiatives. This position will develop strategies and supports to safely return employees and reduce absenteeism in the workplace.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Enhanced Security Screening
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety, or an acceptable combination of education and/or experience.
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of health and wellness, return to work strategies, wellness, resiliency training, and safety programs and policies.
- Progressive management experience including team leadership.
- Proficient working experience with policy and legislation in the areas of Workers Compensation, Workplace Safety and Health, Human Resources, insurance, privacy, and supportive employment principles.
- In-depth knowledge of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), and Personal Health Information Act (PHIA).
- Ability to interpret medical terminology, assessment and treatments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience managing internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Certified Safety Professional, Canadian Registered Safety Professional, or other applicable qualification/designation.
- Knowledge of the justice and correctional operational environment and corrections legislation is an asset.
- Experience in safety and health planning and auditing, job hazard analysis and WSHA investigations.
The Manager, Safety, Health and Wellness, will develop, implement, and administer safety, health and wellness programs and policies. As the Manager, you will lead a team to manage and assist with complex cases with a goal of early intervention and return to work. This position will ensure Corrections is in compliance with workplace safety and health legislation and regulations and develops management strategies to address areas of non-compliance. As the Divisional lead, you will foster strong working relationships with justice partners and stakeholders to enhance employee supports and to incorporate best practice within the Division. This position may require travel to our Manitoba Correctional Centres.
Advertisement # 37754
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source