Manager, System Planning and Supports/Manager, Prevention and System Planning (2 positions)
PM4 Planning and Program Analyst 4
Department of Mental Health and Community Wellness
Health Promotion and Wellness/ Mental Health and Addictions
Advertisement Number: 39134
Salary(s): PM4 $72,967.00 – $92,939.00 per year
Closing Date: May 14, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be established to fill similar full-time vacancies and will remain in effect until exhausted.
The Department of Mental Health and Community Wellness is seeking to fill two Manager positions: Manager, System Planning and Supports (Mental Health and Recovery Branch), and Manager, Prevention and System Planning (Health Promotion and Wellness Branch)
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary degree in public administration, health or social sciences. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience leading teams in the planning, design, development and implementation of policies and programs related to wellness and health promotion, and/or mental health and addictions within Manitoba’s service system.
- Experience supervising, training and mentoring staff.
- Experience leading process/quality continuous improvement, managing change and providing solutions to challenges.
- Experience coordinating multiple projects, including developing strategies and making recommendations.
- Excellent political acumen to identify operational impacts and influence decisions
- Excellent organizational skills for managing competing and rapidly changing priorities with strict timelines.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong written communication skills for preparing various documents for executive decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data, performance management and measurement systems such as key performance indicators/metrics, balance scorecards and/or dashboards.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate, build and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, public administration or a related field.
- Experience applying accountability mechanisms, monitoring and reporting of outcomes for policy and program initiatives.
- Experience working with Indigenous communities and/or a strong understanding of Indigenous history and culture as it relates to mental health and addictions.
- Understanding of the organization and administration of the Manitoba healthcare system.
The Manager provides leadership and direction on the development, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of provincial policy, programs and initiatives that support strategic priorities of the Department of Mental Health and Community Wellness. The Manager provides advice and recommendations on high priority policy, program and strategic issues, and coordinates and monitors complex assignments of the branch related to health promotion, wellness and chronic disease prevention and system planning or mental health and addictions system planning and supports. This position directly supervises, provides direction, and supports staff as part of the department’s management team.
Advertisement # 39134
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source