Manager, Winnipeg Services
XO4 Administrative Officer 4
Department of Economic Development and Training
Skills and Employment Partnerships, Advanced Education and Skills
Advertisement Number: 37076
Salary(s): XO4 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: February 1, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created from this competition to fill similar regular or temporary vacancies and will remain in effect for 12 months. This may include filling Bilingual positions that become available, where candidates must have the ability to communicate fluently in English and French and would be required to complete French-language assessments prior to hire. As such, Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Manitoba Economic Development and Jobs is seeking highly motivated individuals to fill a Manager, Winnipeg Services position within its Skills and Employment Partnerships Branch. This position is responsible for the supervision of staff who provide employment and training assessments and career development counselling to Manitoba job seekers.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check
- Must be able to travel throughout Winnipeg and work out of either Winnipeg offices
- Post-secondary education in the field of Social Sciences, Education, Career Development, Business Administration or a related field. A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience in organizational management, including strategic planning
- Experience in a supervisory capacity, including human resource management practices such as coaching, recruitment, training, performance management and supportive employment
- Ability to facilitate the implementation of innovative, co-designed ideas into projects with performance measurements
- Ability to manage programs and budgets within a policy framework
- Experience leading a team delivering citizen centred service
- Ability to prepare briefing materials and options to senior management through interpretation and analysis of policies, acts, regulations and agreements
- Ability to apply sound judgement and make effective decisions
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders using interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak, write and read in French
The Manager oversees the delivery of labour market development programs to increase the employability of persons receiving Employment Insurance or Employment and Income Assistance, and other Manitobans living in Winnipeg and surrounding areas. The Manager establishes and maintains effective working relationships with advocates, service providers, training providers (public and private), employers, and other Provincial, Municipal and Federal stakeholders.
This position provides supervision, leadership, and expertise in the area of program management, financial administration, and information exchange. The Manager is responsible to lead the program and assigned projects strategically to ensure the administration reflects the current priorities of the department and provincial government.
Advertisement # 37076
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source