XO3 Administrative Officer 3
Advanced Education, Skills and Immigration
Manitoba Student Aid, Student Access and Success
Advertisement Number: 37609
Salary(s): XO3 $57,344.00 – $71,586.00 per year
Closing Date: June 9, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
Reporting to the Director of Manitoba Student Aid, the Manager leads a team of Client Service Representatives, Data Management Representatives, Program Advisors, and Loan Service Representatives to deliver the Manitoba Student Aid Program and Canada Student Loans Program (CSLP) for Manitobans.The Manager is responsible for the administration of The Student Aid Act, the Student Aid Regulation, and CSLP policies and recommends and implements procedures to sustain and improve the administration of the program.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must produce and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must have a Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License
- Must be able to travel throughout Manitoba
- Degree or diploma in Social Sciences, Business Administration, or Communications or another related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Strong leadership skills and experience in providing direct supervision of team members and ensuring high-quality work through coaching, performance management and human resource practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, external stakeholders, and the public
- Strong analytical experience including the ability to provide strategic advice to senior leaders
- Solid judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to anticipate potential problems and take action
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write concisely for a variety of stakeholders such as senior management and other government departments
- Strong verbal communication skills
- The ability to multitask, plan and organize workloads
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Manitoba Student Aid
The Manager provides leadership, coaching and mentorship to direct reports to ensure the capcity of Manitoba Student Aid operations. This position works with key stakeholders to ensure that there is a clear understanding and province-wide awareness of the products and services available through Manitoba Student Aid. The Manager represents the Branch on interdepartmental and intergovernmental committees and projects, and in many circumstances leads projects. The Manager works proactively to further departmental and divisional goals and assumes responsibility of the Director of Manitoba Student Aid as required.
Advertisement # 37609
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source