Materials Lab Technician
EA3 Engineering Aid 3
Engineering Services / Construction Support Services, Technical Services & Operations
Advertisement Number: 37554
Salary(s): EA3 $47,207.00 – $56,097.00 per year
Closing Date: June 20, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Materials Lab Technician reports to the Concrete/Aggregate Technician, Geotechnical/Soils Technician or Bituminous Technician and is repsonsible for performing technical and engineering related work of various laboratory tests on soils, aggregates, concrete and asphalt products for design and quality control purposes with Manitioba Infrastructure construction and maintenance.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License.
- Must be able to travel throughout Manitoba by land, sea, or air.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, including bending, lifting, carrying, twisting and lifting up to 25 Kilograms.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions when required.
- Graduate of a Civil Engineering Technology Diploma program or completion of the Department’s Level 2 training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Directly related technical experience in laboratory testing of road construction materials.
- Knowledge of AASHTO and ASTM test methods and construction specifications, procedures and guidelines.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems using standarized rules and established procedures.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Written communication skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
Perform specialized technical and engineering analysis of materials, plans and supports daily work activities, communicates timely results and data reporting, maintains and calibrates lab equipment and participates in regular lab correlation and exchange program.
Advertisement # 37554
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source