This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
Media Technician- Video Broadcasting
TA2 Media Technician 2
Manitoba Legislative Assembly
Office of the Clerk
Advertisement Number: 10121
Salary(s): TA2 $23.32 – $27.67 per hour
Closing Date: January 17, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
- Reporting to the Deputy Clerk of the Assembly and working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, the incumbent ensures the production of quality digital video broadcasting of the proceedings of the Legislative Assembly, both in the House and in Standing Committees. The incumbent also serves as a Moderator helping to facilitate hybrid virtual sittings of the House and Committees. This part-time casual position is required during sittings of the House and Committees, and would consist of 3-8 hours of work per day depending on the shift assignment. The House generally sits about six months of each year, mostly in the fall and spring.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- You must be, and remain, politically non-partisan in both perception and fact.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- You must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including working outside of standard office hours.
Essential Skills & Expertise
- Relevant technical production work experience.
- Proficiency with various video hardware and broadcast switchers including BlackMagic Design and other similar technologies.
- The ability to work well under pressure for extended periods during live broadcasts.
- The ability to work on a team as well as independently with minimum supervision.
- The ability to adapt to change, and to identify and resolve problems to complex situations.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Shot composition and image quality control.
- Familiar with basic live streaming workflows.
Preferred Skills & Expertise
- Experience with video conferencing software.
- Basic French comprehension skills.
- Basic understanding of House and Committee proceedings.
What You’ll Do
- Operate modern digital video production equipment and processes.
- Operate computers, video cameras, streaming equipment and various kinds of media production gear for live streaming events.
- Director, switcher and PTZ operator for live broadcasts.
- Operating video conferencing software and monitoring remote participation of MLAs during hybrid virtual sittings of the House and Committees.
- Coordination with Hansard staff and Clerks.
Advertisement # 10121
Manitoba Legislative Assembly
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3R6
In order to be considered for this position, applicants are required to submit an application form for screening purposes. Applicants are not required to submit a cover letter or a resume at this time; however, may be asked to submit a resume, references or other documentation at a later time.
Click the following link for the Application form:
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source