This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
Medical Equipment Technician
MQ2 Medical Equipment Technician 2
Department of Mental Health and Community Wellness
Advertisement Number: 100039
Salary(s): MQ2 $24.27 – $28.74 per hour
Closing Date: November 30, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Selkirk Mental Health Centre is a 252 bed facility that provides long-term, in-patient mental health treatment and rehabilitation services to residents of Manitoba whose needs cannot be met elsewhere in the provincial health care system. Programs include Acquired Brain Injury, Acute, Rehabilitation, Geriatrics and Forensics.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Current and Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Current and Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Current and Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Wiling and able to respond to emergency after-hours calls to attend to urgent repairs within the Centre
- Experience working in a health care setting providing patient care or other client services.
- Education and / or training in Biomedical Engineering Technology, Electronic Engineering Technology, or a related field.
- Experience troubleshooting and completing basic repairs of mechanical medical equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills to accurately maintain medical system inventory and required preventative maintenance schedules.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent written communication skills to complete reports and to maintain, respond to, and complete required documentation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify, analyse and efficiently solve issues.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively explain processes and complex procedures to staff with varying levels of experience and understanding.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure work completed by outside vendors and contractors is complete and invoiced accurately.
- Familiarity with Medication Device Regulations under the Food and Drug Act.
The Medical Equipment Technician will be thoroughly familiar with all installation, maintenance and basic repairs of medical equipment, including biomedical equipment, lift / transfer equipment, mobility equipment, First Aid kits, AED’s, and laboratory equipment. The Technician must work independently to manage the preventative medical maintenance program ensuring all medical equipment operates correctly and safely on a daily basis, while maintaining comprehensive inventory system of all medical equipment. Work may include the supervision and / or instruction of temporary technicians.
Advertisement # 100039
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source