Medical Office Assistant
AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
Milner Ridge Correctional Centre, Community Safety Division
Advertisement Number: 37636
Salary(s): AY3 $21.75 – $24.86 per hour
Closing Date: May 31, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
The Department of Manitoba Justice is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Medical Office Assistant, located at the Milner Ridge Correctional Centre, in Beausejour, Manitoba.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Screening
- Experience in the maintenance of related physical and electronic filing systems, including the maintenance of accurate medical office records
- Experience working with confidential information and using discretion when handling sensitive material
- Proficiency in medical terminology
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision, while exercising a high level of initiative
- Experience working cooperatively as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage priorities in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with providing excellent customer service either in person, over the telephone, or by email
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) or similar software
- Completion of a recognized medical office assistant program and related experience in a medical administrative role
- Knowledge of The Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) and The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)
- Experience with medical device reprocessing
The Medical Office Assistant is a member of the Health Service Team performing clerical, receptionist and communication duties on the Unit. The Incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Health Services Manager. Duties will include: answering the telephone, responding to internal and external inquiries, maintaining a medical records filing system, coordinating medical appointments for offenders, transcribing physicians’ orders, completing medical requisitions, assembling offender health care charts, maintenance of paper forms, assists with ordering and distributing health unit supplies and liaise with interdepartmental contacts.
Advertisement # 37636
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source