Medical Technologist – Virology
MG2 Medical Technologist 2
Agriculture and Resource Development
Animal Health and Welfare, Stewardship and Assurance
Advertisement Number: 36630
Salary(s): MG2 $64,445.00 – $80,974.00 per year Plus Qualification Pay, if applicable.
Closing Date: November 30, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This competition will be used to establish an eligibility list for current and future regular and term Medical Technologist positions, subject to staffing approval. This eligibility list will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Medical Laboratory Technologist with current Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) registration
- An active College of Laboratory Technologists of Manitoba (CMLTM) license, or eligible to obtain license prior to hire
- Work related or academic experience analyzing samples in a diagnostic laboratory environment
- Experience performing molecular biology techniques (e.g., PCR) and/or serological techniques (e.g., ELISA) within a laboratory setting
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform tests and record data with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques
- Knowledge of laboratory health and safety procedures
- Ability to coordinate multiple tests within tight deadlines and conflicting demands
- Post-secondary degree in biological science with specialization in microbiology and/or molecular biology
Reporting to the Virology Supervisor, the incumbent performs routine and specialized Virology test procedures including Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and fluorescent antibody techniques on specimens obtained from animals with minimal supervision. This position requires knowledge of the science involved with various test procedures and the ability to learn new advanced laboratory techniques in a timely fashion.
Advertisement # 36630
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source