Lac du Bonnet, MB
Hourly rate: $19.21
Manitoba Hydro Utility Services (MHUS) is a subsidiary of Manitoba Hydro and is contracted by the utility to provide meter reading and other services. Work experience gained at MHUS is considered an asset when applying for work at Manitoba Hydro, particularly in the gas trades area.
A meter reader uses a handheld computer to read gas and electric meters located on the outside or inside of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. Meter readers will be expected to enter customer’s homes, businesses, or industrial buildings and adhere to customer’s expectations of conduct while following approved safety procedures.
Meter reading may be the career for you, if you:
– are a mature and conscientious individual who pays attention to detail;
– require flexibility in your work schedule;
– possess customer service skills and any computer experience;
– are capable of working in various settings and in all weather conditions;
– enjoy working outdoors and dealing with the public.
– Walk or drive a vehicle along established rural routes to take meter readings.
– Use maps or GPS units to locate customer properties.
– Update meter location and read instruction information.
– Inspect meters for unauthorized connections, defects, and damage and report to service departments as required.
– Leave messages to arrange appointments to read meters in cases in which meters are not accessible.
– Report lost or broken keys.
– Verify readings in cases where consumption appears to be abnormal.
– Answer customers’ questions or direct them to the customer service center.
– Upload all information collected on the hand-held computer into an office computer.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Potential candidates must:
– possess a Grade 12 education or equivalent;
– possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence;
– have an acceptable driving record as proven by a recent Driver’s Abstract;
– be physically capable of performing all work duties as assigned;
– pass a current Criminal Record Check;
– pass a Child Adult Registry Check;
– speak, read and write English;
– pass a physical and vision examination.
– Will work a regular monthly part time schedule with some flexibility, averaging approximately 40 hours per month.
– Meter readers must possess a vehicle for work. MHUS provides mileage reimbursement for employees as they are required to use their own vehicles.
If you are interested in working as a meter reader, email your resumé and high school transcripts to MHUS at MHUS@hydro.mb.ca. Any applications for this role that are submitted to our website will be forwarded directly to MHUS. The deadline for applications is NOVEMBER 29, 2022.
We thank you for your interest and MHUS will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
View original article here Source