MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
MÉTIS COMMUNITY LIAISON WORKER
October 6, 2022
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis – also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Métis Community Liaison Worker position within our Métis Community Liaison Department in each of the following locations: Winnipeg and Thompson. Remuneration is $18-$20 per hour depending on experience.
• Enhance and deliver services and resources within the region through direct community outreach;
• Assist clients in completing and/or initiating foster/adoption home appeals, income security appeals, guardianship orders, housing applications, and education/training applications or appeals;
• Carry out client follow-up and compile and maintain client data;
• Assist community needs and identify available resources;
• Maintain resources directory and assess available resources;
• Define and establish referral mechanisms;
• Perform detailed intake/assessment, documentation, and maintenance of files;
• Implement fundraising projects; and,
• Facilitate community outreach, meetings, and workshops.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Diploma in a Child and Family Services or Community Development program preferred;
• Minimum two years’ experience in social service field or previous community development involvement;
• Knowledge of government legislations such as Child and Family Services Act, Program Standards, Employment and Income Assistance, Maintenance Act, Workers Compensation and other relevant legislation and policies;
• Strong organizational, communication and writing skills;
• Strong computer and technical skills;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team;
• Experience arranging and facilitating meetings;
• Knowledge of Métis issues and socio-economic conditions affecting Métis Citizens;
• Knowledge of Red River Métis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Thursday, October 20, 2022.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source