MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
MÉTIS INCLUSION COORDINATOR
November 8, 2022
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis – also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Métis Inclusion Coordinator position within our Provincial Education Department, with the position located at the University of Manitoba. The Métis Inclusion Coordinator will work in collaboration with their respective university and the broader campus to create opportunities for Métis culture to be acknowledged and celebrated, and together they will provide a full range of supports to Métis students, fostering resilience, cultural pride, and academic success. Due to contribution agreement stipulations, the successful candidate must be a Métis Citizen.
• Promote the Louis Riel Métis Bursary and the MMF Post-Secondary Education Support Program as well as other scholarships, bursaries and awards;
• Liaise with the Métis University Student Association (MUSA) as well as other Indigenous student groups to support their initiatives, activities, and events;
• Work with the Métis community both on and off campus to create a strong sense of identity and pride;
• Develop and deliver activities that promote the celebration of Métis culture;
• Participate at Open House, Career Fairs, and other related/relevant events on campus or in the community;
• Work with the Indigenous community on campus and the MMF Provincial Education Department to identify existing Métis-specific programming and to identify gaps in services and programming.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Have an MMF Citizenship Card or a letter from the Central Registry Office stating that you are in the process of receiving your citizenship;
• Undergraduate degree in a related discipline is required;
• Must have in-depth knowledge of and demonstrated experience in Métis history and culture;
• Significant experience working with Indigenous peoples, Elders and Métis communities is required;
• Must have demonstrated experience in program development and delivery including promotions, assessment, budgeting, public speaking, and project management;
• Two years of directly related administrative or promotional/event planning experience;
• Ability to speak French and/or Michif is preferred;
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
• Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred; and,
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, November 22, 2022.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source