SK3 Service Worker 3
Department of Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery
Selkirk Mental Health Centre/Transition
Advertisement Number: 37680
Salary(s): SK3 $41,071.00 – $47,562.00 per year
Closing Date: June 7, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) is looking for a Mobile Driver to join their team. SMHC is a 252-bed facility located in the City of Selkirk that provides specialized inpatient mental health and acquired brain injury treatment and rehabilitation services to residents of Manitoba. For more information see www.gov.mb.ca/health/smhc.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must be physically able to perform duties as assigned, including: heavy lifting and/or carrying, working on feet for extended periods of time, working at heights and/or in varying environmental conditions (inside, outside, high humidity)
- Must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts and flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- Valid class 4 licence.
- Experience providing transportation services to people
- Experience transporting supplies
- Experience with vehicle maintenance
- Experience with record keeping
- Must be able to work independantly and priortize tasks
- Ability to work productively as a team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience with computer applications (MS Outlook and internet)
- Bus driver training is desired
The mobile driver provides day to day transportation services to patients, staff and of supplies. The mobile driver is responsible to log appointments and provide patient transportation to attend medical and non-medical appointments throughout southern Manitoba. They transport supplies on and off campus, including food, medical and non-medical supplies, laundry/linen, furniture, equipment, wheelchairs, as well as collect garbage/recycling throughout the campus. The mobile driver ensures VEMA vehicles are clean, maintained and collects monthly mileage/ oil change/sharps reports.
Advertisement # 37680
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source