This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
Mobile Security Officer
HC2 Mobile Security Officer
Regular/full-time; Regular/part-time; Term/full-time; Term/part-time
Department of Families
Security, Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation
Advertisement Number: 379
Salary(s): HC2 $17.76 – $20.98 per hour
Closing Date: November 8, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
Applicants are required to provide a photocopy of their security guard license and class 5 driver’s license with their resume.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Valid Full Security Guard License issued by Manitoba Justice
- Valid Class 5F Manitoba Driver’s License
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work 12 hour day/night shifts within a 24/7 hour operation
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties associated with the position
- Current and valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- A current and satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- A current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check with a vulnerable sector search
- Significant security guard experience
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant security bylaws and acts; i.e Security Guard Act, Criminal Code of Canada; Residential Tenancy Act
- Experience writing comprehensive incident reports, vehicle logs, and shift summaries
- Verbal communication skills including the ability to respond with quality, speed and political acumen
- Effective interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to establish trust, maintain strong networks of internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Must possess conflict resolution skills including problem solving, negotiation and facilitative skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with mobile site patrolling
- Experience conducting visual inspections of building operating systems such as Fire Life Safety, lighting, water lines; etc.
- Experience with Access Control Systems and CCTV equipment
As a member of the Security Services Team, the position will ensure all tenants, staff, and visitors have a wide range of professional and proactive security services available which include: problem solving, conflict resolution, investigation of incidents, first aid, crisis intervention and enforcement of Manitoba Housing regulations, Provincial, and Federal Acts.
Advertisement # 379
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF THEIR SECURITY GUARD LICENSE AND CLASS 5 DRIVER’S LICENSE WITH THEIR RESUME
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source