NN1 Nurse 1
Term/full-time; Term/part-time; Casual
Department of Health, Seniors, and Active Living
Selkirk Mental Health Centre/Transition
Advertisement Number: 37096
Salary(s): NN1 $71,873.00 – $84,743.00 per year plus qualification pay, if applicable
Closing Date: February 19, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Nurses may be eligible for grants including Relocation Assistance or Conditional Grants for Manitoba Nursing Graduates for nurses working in rural and northern Manitoba. For further information on these grants, or to see if you qualify, please visit the Nurses Recruitment and Retention Fund website. https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/nurses/bfrng.html
Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) is looking for Nurses to join our team. SMHC is a 252-bed facility located in the City of Selkirk that provides specialized inpatient mental health and acquired brain injury treatment and rehabilitation services to residents of Manitoba and Nunavut whose challenging needs cannot be met elsewhere in the provincial health care system. Program areas include: Acute, Rehabilitation, Geriatrics, Forensic and Acquired Brain Injury. For more information see www.gov.mb.ca/health/smhc.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector search
- Current and satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must have a current and valid license to practice nursing in Manitoba with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM) or the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM); or must have a current license in another province/territory with the ability to transfer your license to Manitoba
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, as well as overtime as required
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position including bending, lifting, moving and transferring patients, as well as being on your feet for extended periods of time
- Experience working within the nursing field (psychiatric or clinical)
- Experience maintaining a safe work environment and dealing with critical events or emergencies
- Ability to carry out patient care and treatment
- Ability to perform nursing assessments and interventions
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation (charting and clinical notes) in accordance with documentation standards
- Ability to work independently and organize priorities in a demanding and changing environment
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Strong verbal communication skills for the purpose of effectively communicating with patients and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills for the purpose of effectively interacting with patients and staff to deal with conflict and resolve issues
Reporting to the Coordinator of Patient Services, the nurse oversees the provision of multi-disciplinary specialized care for patients with complex mental illnesses and acquired brain injuries using a recovery-oriented model of care built upon hope, respect and excellence. The nurse is accountable to provide professional, competent care to patients by directing, supervising and empowering other members of the team, by acting as a champion and role model for excellence in patient-centered care, positive clinical outcomes, and patient satisfaction. The nurse provides services in accordance with professional guidelines, recognized standards of practice, prescribed regulations and established policies and procedures.
Advertisement # 37096
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source