Operational Efficiency Manager – Winnipeg, MB
We are currently seeking a highly resourceful, detail-oriented professional to fill the role of Operational Efficiency Manager at our Head Office in Winnipeg, MB, reporting to the CFO. As a key component in the company’s continued growth and success, the Specialist will lead the planning, direction & coordination of manufacturing techniques and provide justification for alternate methods to reduce costs. This individual would conduct cycle time analysis to verify current production rates and target potential improvements. This person would also work with the production teams to improve the working environment & product throughput which will result in waste elimination and improve manufacturing processes. This role is best suited for a leader that is strategic, highly adaptable, innovative and committed to organizational growth.
– Collect, analyze and process data to identify and organize best practices throughout the organization;
– Provide leadership, schedule meetings, gain support from heads of all functional areas;
– Present ideas/plans for continuous improvement, providing data and/or metrics to support initiatives;
– Liaise with the Company accounting department to assist in the development of cost cutting strategies;
– Create strategic plans for continuous improvement in all functional areas;
– Optimize existing processes and activities within the organization (reduce manufacturing lead times, improve inventory turns etc.);
– Manage and communicate capital projects that will establish continuous improvement;
– Promote and facilitate workflow analysis and set out the standards for the employees in order to achieve the target goals; perform other duties as assigned.
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
– Degree in Business or Engineering strongly preferred;
– Experience of taking at least one project through manufacturing launch plus at least one year of subsequent production; proven ability to create and execute project plans that have identified targets;
– The ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects;
– Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis is preferred;
– Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques; High level of personal integrity and strong work ethic;
– Strong verbal, written communication skills; conviction to support improvement in the company;
– Mathematically proficient with experience using software for analysis and modelling;
– Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations; ability to work independently/self-directed.
– Some travel, overtime and weekend work may be required;
– Ability to attend and conduct presentations; Ability to physically implement designs;
– May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing and be required to use PPE.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website: www.patersongrain.com/careers/.
Paterson GlobalFoods (PGF) is a private, family owned, agri-food business with a long standing history deeply rooted in Canadian agriculture. PGF operates multiple subsidiaries and divisions within the grain, food and transportation industries fulfilling the global demand for high quality food products and commodities.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source