Operations Centre Operator (2 positions)
SW2 Switchboard Operator 2
Regional Operations / Operational Services, Technical Services and Operations
Advertisement Number: 36841
Salary(s): SW2 $33,930.00 – $38,677.00 per year
Closing Date: November 30, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
- An eligibility list may be created for similar seasonal, casual, term, departmental, and regular positions and remain in effect for 12 months.
- This position may involve day, evening or overnight shifts.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to work alone.
- Must be able to work day, evening or overnight shifts.
- Customer Service experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions independently.
- Written communication skills to accurately record incoming information.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience performing data entry.
- Ability to read and interpret maps and use GPS software.
- Experience using two-way fleet net radio systems.
- Experience using social media programs such as twitter.
Reporting to the Operations Center’s Manager, the incumbent is responsible for coordination between Manitoba Infrastructure staff and RCMP to deliver and maintain the Department’s 511 Road and Traveller program for the motoring public. The incumbent is responsible for being the first point of contact with the Motor Carrier Division’s Enforcement Program officers while they are on duty and during their traffic stops. Co-ordinates and directs calls and requests from RCMP and Emergency Measures Organization (EMO) to appropriate staff, and provides road condition reports to radio stations when requested.
Advertisement # 36841
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source