Operations Officer and Industry Liaison
TDO Training Development Officer
Economic Development & Jobs
Apprenticeship Manitoba, Industry Programs & Partnerships
Advertisement Number: 37783
Salary(s): TDO $61,940.00 – $77,808.00 per year
Closing Date: August 4, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post secondary education in Education, Human Resources, Business Administration or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience in the delivery, review and/or administration of training curriculum
- Project management experience for organizing, leading and facilitating work groups and projects
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills for facilitating discussions and making formal presentations
- Strong written communication skills for developing policies, reports and correspondence
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, foster collaboration and develop partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet multiple and competing deadlines
- Knowledge of apprenticeship, it’s acts and related regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in training, developing, mentoring and/or evaluating staff and external training providers
- Experience with Human Resource functions related to recruitment, retention and staff supervision
- Experience with the delivery and/or facilitation of Lean, Design Thinking or related continuous improvement methodologies
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Officer and Industry Liaison is directly involved in quality assurance activities related to course and curriculum delivery, gap identification, work instructions, job aids and MOU’s. The Operations Officer and Industry Liaison is the main point of contact for industry stakeholders to communicate with Apprenticeship Manitoba (AM) and they will also be responsible for the direct supervision of Apprenticeship Training Coordinators (ATCs), Accreditation, Client Support Service Coordinator, Program Support Clerks and will provide the day to day oversight of their activities and training.
The Operations Officer and Industry Liaison assigns tasks, creates training schedules, sets deadlines, and provides leadership and mentorship to Operations Unit staff in order to administer The Apprenticeship and Certification Act and its attendant regulations. The position also recommends and implements policies and procedures necessary to carry out the administration of the full-time Apprenticeship Program.
Advertisement # 37783
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Position Description available upon request.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source